cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
5 3 0 3
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Firmware problem

HP Recommended
Officejet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i cant use my printer after last firmware update 03-18-2018. Trying to get a solution I found this page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/model...

HP Inkjet Printers - Dynamic Security Feature Affecting Cartridges Using Non-HP Security Chip

Theres a firmware list but none for Officejet 8710. Could any of the other printer firmware be used for my printer or can you give me some info about where to get it please?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
1,156 1,153 80 220
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please tell what is the error you are getting after the firmware update to assist you better?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Level 7
Level 7
385 375 23 104
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. I'd like to clarify that your printer is not affected by the dynamic security update, so you do not need to download any firmware from the document your provided. As the previous poster replied, it would be helpful in troubleshooting if you could explain exactly what's happening and provide exact error messages.

Thank you!

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 3
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll try to translate it:

"This printer is not designed to use continuous ink systems. To continue printing, get continuous ink system out and install original hp cartridges"

The issue is that i have no continuous ink system, or how ever it is called, installed. And the printer had never gave me any problem before last firmware update.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
74 74 0 10
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Turcoyoyo,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forum.   To paraphrase loosely the previous post, your printer does not appear on the list of printers in the document you list: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/model...

If you mean, generally, and not in reference to problem discussed in the article above, that a firmware update is not available for the OfficeJet 8710, let me point you to a recent firmware update for your printer.  Go to the following link and you will be able to click the download button for the firmware:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/790...

The date for the file is Febuary 19, 2018.

Let us know if you  have other questions or require additional information.

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
1,156 1,153 80 220
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just came accross this doc..just to clarify if you are using the right cartridges?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pagewide-pro-552dw-printer-series/7041550/document/c04957518...

it says that you can get this error if you are using incompatable cartridges.

Hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
385 375 23 104
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After speaking with an ink expert, I was informed that this error can occur if the ink cartridges are "topped off" or refilled. 

It looks like the only way to resolve this issue is to install new ink cartridges. A firmware update will not resolve the error.

Edited to add: If these cartridges were topped off or refilled, it was likely done in a way that doesn't allow the printer to perform regular maintenance.

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 3
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im using hp cartridges. The message appeared from one day to the next. Thats why i think it might be a firmware issue.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
74 74 0 10
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Turcoyoyo,

Regretfully, your reply arrived while I was preparing mine.  Based on your update, @ReverseTalk has obtained very helpful information from an HP ink expert who has advised that you replace the cartridges.  As I was researching the issue, I came across the following post which arrived at the same conclusion.   After detailed instructions are provided, the customer was advised to contact HP Support for replacement of the cartridges.  The customer confirmed that the issue was quickly resolved by replacing the yellow cartridge which was low.  See the discussion in this HP Forum post. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Displaying-Incompatible-Ink-System-Message-BUT-I-Am-St...

I am an HP employee.
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
385 375 23 104
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If a genuine, non-modified, non-refilled HP cartridge caused this error, I would check to see if it's still under warranty. If it is still under warranty, HP will replace it. Contact HP here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-8710-All-in-One-Printer-series/7902...

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation