Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Smart App for Windows 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Smart App incorrectly states that I have 58 printers. I have 2. If I click the arrow and move beyond the second printer, the number below the printer image changes to "3 of 58", the place where a printer is pictured is blank, the app freezes and the window will not close, the app doesn't show up in the task manager, and the only way to solve the problem so that I can use the app for scanning a document is to restart my computer. I have not installed my printers more than once but for a while, the app showed that I had 12 of one of my printers, I went through the app and removed all but one. That process didn't go smoothly either. I would remove the duplicated printers in the app and the next time I opened the app they would reappear. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Smart app and the false number of printers shown goes up even higher instead of correctly stating that I have two printers. My computer, a Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1,  is less than a year old and running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. This problem, or some version of it, has been going on since the beginning when I first installed the app and the printers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.