Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP MFP M132nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to be a regular purchaser of HP laptops (3 in a row) and printers (2 in a row) - I stopped a few years ago when I realised that the build quality was what might best be described as christmas cracker. 

Foolishly I recently brought a laserject printer/scanner the MFP M132nw. 

Naturally as it is an HP machine I have regretted this stupid decision ever since. 

Please understand I am not looking for help from the poor people that HP employ to moderate/respond on this site (I am very sorry that your life took such a tragic turn).  I am only writing to vent my anger at HP who have sold me yet another turkey.  The tragic thing is that the printer/scanner works -  it is the wifi communication between printer and pc that fails.  Interestingly this is a process that the rest of the competetive technological world has mastered.   HP are doubtless using some clockwork/steampunk solution of their own.  I guess the upside of being so technologically backward is that nobody will ever steal your patents - can you imagine the dust up if HP took a competitor to law for stealing HP's proprietary rubber band technology.

Recently, after re- reading the manual - reinstalling the driver etc -  I punched my printer so hard that I hurt my finger.  This technique worked well (apart from the finger injury) -  I punched the side of the printer (as hard as I could ) whilst shouting "print curse you you print!".  I repeated this fix three times and magically the printer started to print.  Maybe you should put this as hint or tip on the help pages.

I do hope that HP enjoys the financial and reputational success that it deserves.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.