cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
34 23 2 2
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jeet,

When I try to Change device Installation Settings I do not the panel below but one that says:  Do you want to automatically download manufacturers' apps and custom icons that are available for your devices. i.e I do not see an option for Windows to download its own drivers.  How should I procede to get a Windows basic driver installed for my daughter's HP printer? I there a way to procede if I click on "No, let me choose what to do",Example of selecting the Yes option

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,423 23,315 1,295 1,383
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gordon99

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Refer this HP document for the steps to install the printer with Windows built-in driver:- Click here

Let me know ho wit goes.

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
34 23 2 2
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Sandytechy20, Jeet & David.

I am relieved to be able to say that I have managed to get my daughter's HP printer working again from her laptop.  After completley removing the printer software, as previously reported, I was able to re-install the printer successfully after making registry changes as per the following link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Driver-not-compatible-with-a-policy-enabl...  I followed the guidelines set out by "ShlomiL".

When I had finished the printer worked fine but my daughter reported that her email client (eM Client) had disappeared.  True enough it had gone from C:\ Programs though data files were still visible in C:\ Users\xxxxx.   What I had to do was to download and install the program.   Everything  now appears to be back to normal.

I will, however, end  with a question.  Why on earth cannot HP provide printer drivers that work all the time with Windows.   This defect seems to cause a lot of HP printer users a lot of hassle.

My thanks to all of you for giving me your time and knowledge.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,167 2,467
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gordon99,

Thanks for the update. I am glad that the issue is resolved. This is music to my ears. It was great interacting with you. 

Please mark @Jeet_singh's post as an accepted solution for his genuine efforts to help. This will help and benefit several others in the community also.

Also, give his post a Kudos for his efforts to help.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation