Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8725
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My printer keeps waking up (making lots of noises and rechecking the ink cartridges, etc) every few minutes. This began last week. I have had it for many years and it has never done this before.  What happened last week was my paper got jammed like 4 times in a row on the same day, then once it was unjammed, the printer was still stalled. Nothing helped except unplugging the power cord.

Now this week, it keeps turning itself on and repositioning itself and moving the shuttle back and forth and doing a variety of things, then it's off only a little while, then it does the same thing again, must have been at least 10  times in a half an hour. Now this evening, when I walked past it, I noticed there is an error code C9C70000 which just means that paper is jammed again despite the fact that I did not print anything or use the printer and so there were no papers jammed.

UPDATE: Now today it wont even allow me to turn it on, after pressing the on button multiple times it wont go on, yet it is still waking up every so often on its own (dont ask me how it can wake up and YET I still cant turn it on myself).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.