cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer not Working with my Mac

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2131
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi 

I recently purchased a HP Deskjet 2131 Printer. I,am connecting it to my mac with the usb cable. I have successfully added the printer in settings tab, however when I,am printing any document it used to show an error saying "SFCompactDisplay" and the queue disappears. I,am using Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.3.

Kindly help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 270 384
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gaurav2311

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your print is giving an error message "SFCompactDisplay"

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Hard Reset: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Also, restart your PC.

Remove the printer queue from the list of printers, and then add it again. Doing so creates a new printing session.

1. Make sure your Mac is connected to the Internet.

2. In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button  to delete it.

3. Click the Add button .

4. Find and select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver. NOTE: If your printer does not display in the list, make sure the printer is connected, turned on, has power, and is ready to print.

Figure: Example of the printer selection list

Image: The Add window showing a selection of printers with one model selected.
  5. Click Print Using or Use.

6. Select the name of your printer (if available) or AirPrint.

Figure: Menu showing AirPrint selected

Image: Menu showing AirPrint selected

Your new printer queue displays in the Printers list in an Idle status.

Figure: Example of a newly added printer in the Printers & Scanners list

Image: The printers and scanners windows with one printer in the printers list
  7. Try printing again.

If the printer prints, you can stop troubleshooting or continue with next steps.

Reset the printing system (Try this step at the end, only if other troubleshooting steps does not work):

1. Right-click (or Ctrl + click) the blank space in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system....
  2. Click Reset in the confirmation window.

3. Enter the administrator user name and password, and then click OK.

4. Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list.

5. Add your printer as an AirPrint.

6. Try printing again.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

To your questions below:

When was the last time it worked fine? 

It never did. I just bought the printer a couple of days back and  since then I have been trying to print but unable to do so.

Were there any hardware/software changes made?  No there were no changes made whatsoever except adding the printer like the steps you mentioned.

I have tried all the steps you mentioned including the troubleshooting, still the same error popped up saying "SFCompact Display Heavy". After this the queue gets empty and no printing is done.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 270 384
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gaurav2311

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation