cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Problem with the printing of the alignement page

HP Recommended
hp 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the changing of the two toner type 301 of the printer (I change them with original one of hp) it start the processes to print the alignement page. After conferming that there is paper in the printer the message "print alignment page in progress" appear but it will not stamp anything.

I try to apply all the procedure provided in "https://support.hp.com/it-it/product/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5305049/document/..." but nothing happen. As suggest in another post I re-installed all the software, driver and firewall for the printer and I try to print the page of alignement directly from the computer but it doesn't work and appear the message "the printing of the alignement page it's not possible".

I hope that someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 578 640
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Albert_77

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that the printer is not going through the alignment page, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details

Have you tried doing any hardware changes on the printer?

How long are you facing this issue?

Are you using genuine HP cartridge?

However, let's follow the below steps in the meantime.

Align the printer

1. Load plain white paper in the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow () to select Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow to select Align Printer, and then press OK. The printer prints a test page, and then prompts you to scan the page.

• If these steps resolved the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, see the next step.

Step four: Use an automated tool to clean the printhead

Follow these steps to run an automated tool to clean the printhead if you found defects on the test page.

NOTE:

To avoid issues that require cleaning, always turn the printer off with the Power button.

1. Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow () to select Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow () to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.

Figure : Example of the printhead test page without defects

Image: Example of the printhead test page without defects
  4. Review the print quality on the printhead test page.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printhead test page shows track marks or smears on the back of the page, continue to the next step.

• If the printhead test page shows track marks or smears on the front of the page, skip to the step to clean the area around the ink nozzles.

Step five: Use an automated tool to clean ink smears

Follow these steps if the test page or printout shows ink smears on the back of your printout.

1. Load plain white paper in the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow () to scroll to Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow () to scroll to Clean Ink Smear, and then press OK.

4. Print a test page.

For further related troubleshooting steps use this link: https://hp.care/2Khu8TL

Keep me posted, how it goes! However, we'll try and follow up in next 24 to 48 hours to doublecheck on the issue.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hallo Raj,

thanks for you help!

First of all I want to answer to your questions:

Have you tried doing any hardware changes on the printer?

Yes I changed the cartridge

How long are you facing this issue?

Four days

Are you using genuine HP cartridge?

Yes I use original one and I changed both of them.

I tryed all the solution you suggested to me but nothing! The printer continues to have the same problem and it is not going through the alignment page.

I want to give you one more info: if I print something the printer does it very well but it continue to give thesame message; this condition seems to block only the possibility to do a scan or a copy of something.

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 578 640
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Albert_77

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please help me the error message on the printer screen if the cartridge is out?

Did you try with a different cartridge?

Click on this link: https://hp.care/2jdAqaM and follow the troubleshooting steps in the document.

If the issue persists, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

If your product is out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: https://hp.care/2uJxnug

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation