cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
JMV76
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Scanning

HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One

I recently installed this new printer & followed all of the directions for downloading the software. I am running Windows 10 and connect with the printer vias wireless. All functions have been working fine until today. I can no longer scan. I recieve this message: "Visit 123.hp.com to get the HP Smart App or other HP scanning software for your computer." Printing still works fine. I am reluctant to re-download the same software a second time. Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
TeK_AcE
Level 4
Level 4
131 128 7 37
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us, Could you let us know how is the printer connected to your windows machine( USB/Network).

We have a support document that could resolve your issue. Please follow the same and let us know if it helps.

HP Printers - Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

HP Printers - USB Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

Thanks

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Nee2
Level 3
Level 3
28 28 1 5
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the steps in the following document -

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00040499

Regards

Nee2

Regards,
Neetu

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
AlexisC
Level 1
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello , 

My name is AlexisC.  You are having issues with your printer.  This is a common post.  Not to download additional software but to trouble shoot,

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems.

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor  to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. 

Did this reply resolve your post or question?

If yes, then share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution.
You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

We appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

Thanks for being a member!

0 Kudos
IPGRicky
Level 3
Level 3
54 54 1 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is vignesh B.

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

Please use this link to get more troubleshooting steps to resolve any scanning Issues :

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00040499

In case, if the issue still persists, Please click on the below link and run as an administrator.

Link : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/sclitefileassociation/SCLiteFix_299026.exe

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.
Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

Ricky
I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation