cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Window can't recognize my printer

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop Screenshot 2018.03.23 - 14.32.01.57.pngHP.JPGDesktop Screenshot 2018.03.23 - 14.32.44.04.png

As the picture shown above, i can't connect to the printer from my pc. 

Please assist, Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 521
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Windows possibly does recognise your printer.  You are set to print from ONENOTE whatever that is.

Personally I would set my default printer as the device I wanted to print from, the OfficeJet 7740 that is shown in one of your screenshots.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
But there had no selection for me to set the officejet 7740 as default.
The printer details shown 'unknown' at device manager, i think that's the problem at.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
And it pop up this message:- the driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitally signed windows 10.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 521
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

So lets begin at the beginning.

Quite a lot of HP printers have no drivers supplied via HP.  They are an integral part of Windows 10, the OS detects them at install time and does the necessary.

So the only places to get a Driver are Microsoft or HP.

It is installed according to your screenshots, and I can only go on what info you provide, an option is to Remove device;

meaning it's installed.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-7740-Wide-Format-All-in-One-Printer-series/768...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printe...

You don't say what driver is not digitally signed.  So really you are only giving bare details, and where did it come from?

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

5.110.6 MBSep 20, 2017Download

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One series Basic Driver

40.1166.4 MBJul 28, 2017Download

File name:  OJ7740_Full_WebPack_40.11.1148.exe      (171.2 MB)

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation