Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserPro M477
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just recently installed a LaserPro M477. Used the provided CD to install the Drivers and Software.  Everything worked fine. A few days later I found a newer version of the Driver and Software installation package online at HP. So I downloaded it and ran the installtion software.  It said that it needed to uninstall the existing software first, so I clicked OK.

It un-installed the existing software and rebooted. When I ran the new installation software again. Installation proceded just like the intial installation and finished with no errors. However, HPSCAN and I.R.I.S. OCR software is not installed (even though it said it was). The next time the installer is run, it says that the previous installation did not complete and that not all the software was installed properly. It finishes the installation with no errors, but HPSCAN and I.R.I.S. OCR are nowhere to be seen. Each time run the installer I get the same results.

I've reviewed various forums and have found this is a common problem dating back several years. I've tried a number of things with no luck. I've deleted the printer from Device Manager, I've scanned the registry and removed odds and ends left over after un-installation. I've removed files and folders left after un-installation. Still HPSCAN and I.R.I.S. OCR software will not install.

Has anyone found a solution to this situation. My ability to scan is somewhat limited without HPSCAN. I've found Scan and Capture from HP but it's capability doesn't measure up to HPSCAN.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.