01-13-2018 09:38 AM
My partner has recently bought a Dell XPS13 & I've tried to set it up to use my printer. I downloaded the OJ5740 Full Web Pack onto her computer & clicked on the desktop shortcut to install the program. During installation the printer was located by the network but on selecting it & continuing an error was reported. This then sent me into a continuing circle of suggested problem solving without effect. Installing & running HP Print & Scan Doctor hasn't assisted. Curiously the shortcut seems to want to launch the exe file everytime I click on it. The printer shows up in her list of devices but says driver unavailable.
We just want to run HP Printer Assistant the same as is on my laptop. The only difference is that I have Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & hers is 10 Home 64 Bit.
Can someone help please.
01-13-2018 10:20 PM
Please follow the steps below to resolve such an error:
**Be aware that if you have other printers installed on your PC, those will need to be reinstalled too once completing these steps.
1. Uninstall the HP Software from your PC.
2. Backup your registry prior making any registry changes:
3. Update your registry using the Reg file below (that will change some printer related policies for your PC):
4. Right click the Start menu and select Run.
Type Services.msc and press OK.
Locate and stop the Print Spooler service
5. Browse to c:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers.
Rename W32X86 to W32x86.old
Rename x64 to x64.old
Note: if any of these folders fail to rename reboot your PC and then Continue following the steps starting from Step 4...
6. Restart your computer.
7. Reinstall the HP Software and check for any difference
Please let me know the results,
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)