Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Advantage 2645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/madam,

I have just replaced my laptop with a new platform Windows 10 and have installed the software and drivers for my HP Advantage Deskjet 2645 printer. The priner could print well but unfortunately the HP Deskjet 2640 series software could not run, I have tried to uninstalled the software with HP Print and Scan Doctor, download the latest software (release Nov 2015) and reinstalled it but yet the software still could not run at all.

Please advice me on the problem I had, I need the HP software to manage scan and fax function of my printer.

Suharwan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @suharwan

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues installing the HP full feature software on your new computer.

I’d love to help!

Please uninstall the printer software completely and restart your computer. Refer to the below article to uninstall the printer completely.

http://hp.care/2nFWEph

NOTE:  Before software download and install, make sure USB cable is disconnected from PC and device.

Download and install the software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nFH4Kp

Follow the steps in the below article to install the printer.

http://hp.care/2nFE9RQ

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear The Fossette,

I have followed your advice accordingly and the HP software was re-installed but still can not run.  When I clicked the HP software icon, the Windows blue circle will showed up and circling for a while and then disappear, nothing was happen, the software could not launch at all. 

I checked the software installed version was 32.2.188.47710, and my laptop system is Windows 10 (64 bit).

Do you have any further advice to resolve this problem?

Suharwan

HP Recommended

@suharwan

Hi, as @The_Fossette is ou of the office, I'm replying to you. 

I read that the printer is able to print. May I know if the printer is able to scan? Because if scanning is working then why are you trying to run the software?

If the scanning is not working and therefore you're trying to run the software then let us try to uninstall the printer drivers from the root level by following the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Now please download and install the drivers again. 

Hope this information helps. Do keep me posted. Take care! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.