DogDog_dad
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Computer, Downloaded Software & Drivers Still won't scan

Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got a new PC.  Located the printer on my Network and it prints just fine.  Tried to use the Scan function, clicked the ICON with no results.  Then tried it from the printer scan button.  Says no printer (although the PC shows up on the printer screen).  SCAN Doctor says I needed to install software which I did.  Running the new software starts the install printer process when it trys to locate the printer it finds it but the connection process dosn't happen.  I tried it both in wireless mode and with an ethernet cable.  Just sits there with the moving green bar trying to locate.

3 REPLIES 3
RiderPro
Level 4
78 77 6 66
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This issue occurs when the softwares are not properly Installed on the computer and fail to make entry in the registry .

So in this we have to un-install the softwares once from all the areas on the computer like from devices manager ,registry and others .Once they are un-install,we have to check couple of services like WIA and windows installer.

Reboot the computer and install the softwares again.it will surely fix the issue .
However as you only want to use scanning so instead of going that way long ,simply go to Windows Store and download "HP scan and Capture ".Download it and launch .

It will open up a window with butterfly icon and then select the devices by clicking on settings icon (at the top left you will three horizontal lines via which you will get settings option) .Choose the printer and clock document option.

Once it is scanned ,you can save it to your location on the computer.

Regards ,
Rider

If you find this helpful then hit kudos and accept it as a solution.
Highlighted
Techy_Guy
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP scan and capture works great and no drivers needed.Thanks !
0 Kudos
DogDog_dad
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I removed the program.  However, I can't even imagine where to start in the Registry.  There are many folders referring to print.  and what would I check in WIA and installer?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation