03-21-2018 04:38 PM
Sometime printer will print fine, but most of the time says attention required. This is only on my pc running windows 10. I go look at the printer and everything is fine. I print the same thing with my phone or tablet and everything works great. I have read into the problem and tried the print doctor. It said it can't do anything and to reinstall. Did that and also followed instructions from two or three other threads on here. Still my computer is worthless to print from.
03-22-2018 05:32 PM - edited 03-22-2018 05:41 PM
Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with the printer not printing correctly from the computer while it prints perfectly from other devices. I will be really glad to assist you here.
Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:
- What application is being used to print? Is it Word?
- Did it happen after a recent software or Windows update?
For now, try these steps:
Uninstall the printer drivers and reinstall it by performing these steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
- Then create a new user account as an administrator from this link: http://hp.care/2rZfJBC
Log into the new user account after restarting your computer.
- Then download the latest full feature driver http://hp.care/2su8G4N and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
- Then assign a static IP address to the printer by following the steps from this YouTube video: http://hp.care/2tV7I4y
- This should fix it for you.
- If the issue persists, then follow the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2A4sP5M (HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue) and stop and restart the print spooler service and make it automatic. This should do the trick.
- If this does not do the trick, please download the Windows Built-in drivers by following instructions from this link: http://hp.care/2o3acvH
Also, if the issue continues, then update the printer’s firmware by following instructions from this link: http://hp.care/2rHKwDD
This should resolve it for you.
Good Luck and keep me posted. I wish you well. Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
03-26-2018 01:18 PM
It has never worked correctly from day one. I can try to print from anything and it won't work. Microsoft word is one of the programs but even if I try to print from internet explorer or google chrome it won't work. I have now tried every step you have asked me to. I would try to connect with a cord so I could at least print things in the mean time, but It did not come with a cord. still just says printer needs intervention when I go to print. I always delete the print jobs out of the queue.
03-26-2018 05:51 PM
I read your quick response It is nice to hear from you again and your patience and time are greatly appreciated. You've displayed remarkable resilience, immense patience and immaculate attitude to try and get this resolved. Kudos to you for that.
It is very clear here that the printer works correctly on other devices except for this computer. The printer's functionality has been established correctly here. The culprit is the operating system of your computer.
Please perform these steps:
- First backup all your important data. Then perform a Microsoft push-button reset of Windows 10 by following steps from this link: https://hp.care/2toQrBj
- Then download the latest version of the printer drivers from the Hp support site from the links mentioned in my earlier post and install it.
- Now check if the issue gets resolved. This should do the trick for you.
If the issue continues, then please download the Windows Built-in drivers by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2o3acvH
This should resolve the issue for you.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
07-21-2019 10:46 AM
My printer is LaserJet P 1102W. The Print document command gets a pop-up on bottom left to say user attention required. This is also displayed in the heading of "See what's printing"
The printer has a Troubleshoot, which fails, but sometimes merely opening it kicks the printer.
07-21-2019 11:02 AM
Attention required is usually something physical on the printer, but it does not seem to have mechanical trouble: it will print a test page using the X button.
I have run the HP Scan doctor, which failed and directed me to HP support, where I have failed to find anything useful.
08-04-2019 05:42 PM
My printer is laser HP P1102W When I ask it to print it just says "User intervention required." The document appears in the printer queue.
Troubleshoot can find nothing wrong, but sometimes just opening it kicks the printer into action.
I have opened Properties, and it says "This device is working properly."
I have tried the HP Scan doctor,
08-04-2019 11:00 PM
Please try following below utility by selecting Fix Printing and check if that may help:
If it does not resolve the problem, when you launch the tool, does it indicate version 5.0.4 or any other version number?
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂