Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer issues

Deskjet 3750 series
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Trying to install a desk jet 3755 printer on my Mac mini but having difficulties, could you tell me if this will work?
1 REPLY
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6079 413 426
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer issues

@mrhiszak

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you need help setting up your Deskjet 3755 printer to your Mac mini.

I'll try my best to help you out.

First you need to get the printer connected to the same Network as your Mac Mini

1. Restart the printer and the computer.

2. Make sure the power button light is bright. If the light is not bright, press the power button to wake the printer from sleep mode.

3. Try to print. If the issue persists, continue with these steps.

4. On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button  and the Information button  at the same time.

A Network Configuration Page prints.

5. Find the IP address on the page.

Figure : IP address on the Network Configuration Page

IP address on the Network Configuration Page
  6. If the page does not list an IP address, the printer and the router are not connected. Use one of the following methods to connect and find the printer IP address.

• Sign in to your router configuration or setup page and find the printer IP address listed in an attached devices or DHCP Clients section.

• Press and hold the Wireless button  on the printer until the Wireless light blinks, and then press the WPS button on your router. Wait for the wireless light to stop blinking and remain solid, print another Network Configuration Page, and then find the IP address.

• Press the Wi-Fi Direct button  on the printer control panel, open the list of available networks on the computer, and then connect the computer to HP-Print-xx-[your printer model name]. Once connected, the printer IP address is 192.168.223.1.

7. Type the IP address into the address bar of an Internet browser, and then press Enter.

The EWS opens in the browser.

Figure : Example of an IP address in a browser address bar

Example of IP address in browser address bar
  8. Click the Network tab, click Wireless (802.11) from the left side of the window, and then click Network Address (IPv4).

9. Select Manual IP, and then click Suggest a Manual IP Address.

Figure : The IP Address Configuration window

Example of the IP Address Configuration window
  10. Click Apply, and then restart the printer.

Once the printer is connected to the same Network as your Mac mini, you can add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

You refer to these Links

Link 1: https://hp.care/2JOPwQg

Link 2: https://hp.care/2HlZbM0

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you :)

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation