Printer has been working fine. Today when I tried to print a file I got the message "to add a printer" I fiddled around with the print doctor and finally un-installed the HP printer software with plans to re-install. However, my original CD will not open. How can I reinstall the application.
When I was playing with the print doctor I kept getting a message that the driver (HP OfficeJet 6500 E709n) failed to install.
Welcome to HP Support Forums. :)
Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service.
I understand that you have an HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer and the drivers do not get installed. You uninstalled the drivers because there was a message to add the printer. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?
- Is the printer able to make a photocopy? If yes then it indicates that the printer and ink cartridges are fine.
While you respond to that, let us uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- You may click here to download and install the drivers.
I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes. I'll be glad to assist you further.
All the best! :)