cancel
lucky5s Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

won't print after opting out of instant ink program.

hp6970
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

help with getting 6970 hp printer to print after opting out of program . printer keeps wanting me too connect to instant ink . but issue with program printer would never connect to that program . all idid was pay for nothing,

3 REPLIES 3
Provost
Provost
21074 20975 1537 3401
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You just have to remove all the Instant Ink cartridges and return them to HP.  Now go out and buy HP cartridges at your local store and replace them so you can print.

0 Kudos
lucky5s Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already done just that. the printer even shows that there is ink in it . i t wants me either to reconnect to instant ink by either clicking on "ok "  or " connect".  if i click ok it may or may not print or scan. 

and if that is not bad enough it (the printer)  if left alone for more than 1 hr. losses it connect from the network . when sold to me i was told that it could be used wirelessly and in a network. it goes into some kind of a sleep mode sometimes after 10-15 min. of non use and thatis on a good day. I have had to hire an IT person to install a program that send a signal to the printers ip adress. but it not a sure thing to keep it working.

are there any suggestions on these matters?

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
21074 20975 1537 3401
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, looks like you need to call HP now and talk with the Instant Ink folks.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation