Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Marcot

I understand the display isn't coming on and three lights are on solid.

I would do a power reset to see if that will resolve the issue. With the printer still turned on disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer, then disconnect the power cable from wall outlet. Wait 10 seconds and reconnect the power cable back to the wall first, then the back of the printer and power it on again.

Try another wall outlet in a different room.

Make sure the product is not exposed to an electric or magnetic field as the display might go blank.

Note: Move the product if it is near any electrical appliances (electric motors, fans, kitchen appliances, or televisions). Many of these devices do not have sufficient electrical shielding, and can induce electro-magnetic force (EMF).

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer. 

I tried that and did not work. 

This happened after updating my 1217mfp with the last firmware. 

It seems as if the firmware did not install properly. 

Maybe there a way to reload the old firmware or to reset it. 

Many thanks in advance. 

@Gemini02 wrote:

Hi Marcot

I understand the display isn't coming on and three lights are on solid.

I would do a power reset to see if that will resolve the issue. With the printer still turned on disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer, then disconnect the power cable from wall outlet. Wait 10 seconds and reconnect the power cable back to the wall first, then the back of the printer and power it on again.

Try another wall outlet in a different room.

Make sure the product is not exposed to an electric or magnetic field as the display might go blank.

Note: Move the product if it is near any electrical appliances (electric motors, fans, kitchen appliances, or televisions). Many of these devices do not have sufficient electrical shielding, and can induce electro-magnetic force (EMF).

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hi Marcot

Your best option at this time would be to contact HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same error getting here also

tried cold reset no result

still showing no string in ro

using windows 7 64bit

able to print using usb connection

not able to print using wifi

have thru diacussion but not ressolve at my end

need expertise assistance

HP Recommended

Hi sweet2pank

I will send you a private message with some information to take a look at.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Let me know if this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Tnx in advance. Will definately revert u with my response
HP Recommended

My LaserJet 1217MFP printer also displays No Strings in RO. The Control Panel buttons are disfunctional. What should I do?

HP Recommended

Hi wyz583

I understand you are getting the error No Strings in RO also.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

I will send you a private message with some information to take a look at.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

1217MFP displays No Strings in RO in both lines.

I would appreciate a copy of the email that is possibly providing a solution to the problem.

I believe the error message is also a result of a firmware update. I was successful in printing a test page with USB connection but nothing wirelessly.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm having the same exact problem as Poliness.  I updated my Wifi and the printer worked at first, but then stopped printing after the printer was shut off.  After attempting to update the software, I now have the "No Strings in RO" message.  

Anything I can do to get it working?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.