cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jack1121
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Authentication problem on Android phone to Office net Pro 8600

HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8600
Android 5.0 Lollipop
Hi my name is Jack and I get an authentication problem when setting my Android smartphone version 5.1 Lollipop to print to Office Jet Pro 8600 with the latest HP print service Plugin from Google play store
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,363 90,240 11,599 24,881
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use HP ePrint app and/or HP AiO Printer Remote app. You will get better results.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
jack1121
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi banhien
I have tried your both suggestions to no avail. I also neglected to mention I have a home network with a belkin wireless router which had the network SSID as default: belkin. 306 My wireless network test reported more than one access point matched the SSID and suggested changing to a unique SSID which I did. I have my wireless printer (HP Officejet pro 8600) working good from my dell laptop as well as my Samsung Tablet and Kindle Reader and at this point my only problem remains my Android smartphone can not communicate with the printer no matter what Iv'e tried. The OS version of the phone is Android 5.1 (Lollipop). If you might have any other thoughts on this I'd surely appreciate them. Thanks so much jack1121
0 Kudos
jack1121
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Banhien

After two frustrating days attempting  to get my Motorola smart phone to connect and print to my HP Officejet Pro 8600, I finally saw the light. It appears I didn't need to change my home network's (SSID)  as suggested by Consumer Cellular  Support to overcome the authentication problem. Thinking since the phone's OS was ANDROID 5.1, that was the IP needed for it to see the printer. My problem was that  that I kept entering my ANDROID Phones IP for it to see the printer instead of the Printers IP for the phone to connect to the printer. Once I realized that and replaced the Printer's IP in the phone, Bingo it worked "smashingly" with the print service plugin. I want to thank you for the suggestion to use HP Eprint app I'm sure that would have worked also if I had the correct IP in the Phone's wireless setup.

Jack1121

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation