Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laserjer pro 200 color mfp

I have a laserjetpro 200 mfp. purchased may 2015. it now prints black horizontal stipes on the first page and sometimes the second page of the printed document if the printer has been idle for 20 minutes or longer. the stripes are about 1/4" wide and go all across the page. there can be 10-25 of them. is this fixable or do i need to replace the printer? i have turned the printer off and on and this does not fix it.

thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @BasicBuilders, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand you get blank horizontal stripes when printing from your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please provide the operating system you are running on your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below. (only windows)
Check the paper type setting if you are having any of the following problems:
Toner is smearing on the printed pages.
Repeated marks occur on the printed pages.
Printed pages are curled.
Toner flakes off the printed pages.
Printed pages have small unprinted areas.
From the software program, select the Print option.
Select the product, and then click the Properties or Preferences button.
Click the Paper/Quality tab.
From the Paper type drop-down list, click the More... option.
Expand the list of Type is: options.
Expand each category of paper types until you find the paper type that you are using.
Select the option for the type of paper you are using, and then click the OK button.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are the stripes always at the same distance? If they are evenly spaced, knowing the distance between each stripe will help us determine which component is causing the problem.

Attaching a scanned image of the print quality issue would also help.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

any image i take or scan is larger than the 1000 K max. Any suggestions on how to get a maller image?

the stripes are inconsisitent as to spacing and number. one page has 20 or more, one page has larege white space then 3, 4, 5, or 6 stripes, then white, then stripes, etc. no clear pattern.

the back of the page is also grey/shadow-striped, no longer white like the unprinted paper

HP Recommended

any image i take or scan is larger than the 1000 K max. Any suggestions on how to get a maller image?

the stripes are inconsisitent as to spacing and number. one page has 20 or more, one page has larege white space then 3, 4, 5, or 6 stripes, then white, then stripes, etc. no clear pattern.

the back of the page is also grey/shadow-striped, no longer white like the unprinted paper

HP Recommended

Have you performed the following troubleshooting steps?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-200-color-mfp-m276/5097648/document/c03416215/

If the horizontal stripes are inconsistent and they show also in the back of the page, it looks like toner contamination.  Maybe the black cartridge should be replaced.

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.