Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 21 (9,775 Views)
Accepted Solution

Blinking Lights and error message Error:0x887dd03a

I have a 2600 All-in-One Printer.  Randomly, all the lights on the control panel will start to blink rapidly, and the display will "blue out" and read only this error message " Error:0x887dd03a".  I can still print, scan, or copy with the printer if I hit the power button and let it reload.  but shortly after the job is done, it will begin to blink again and display the error message.  I'm running a new computer with window 7, but this was happening on my old computer running windows XP.  I thought a fresh load of software and CPU would resolve the problem, but it still exists.  Any Ideas why this might be happening?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Blinking Lights and error message Error:0x887dd03a

the solution,

block the SMB protocol from your machine to the printer.

- assign a staic ip to the printer

- create two outgoing roles in the windows 7 firewall - one for tcp - one for udp

- block tcp 139 and 445 to the printer ip

- block udp 137 and 138 to the printer ip

- forget the card slots

andreashabl

View solution in context
Student
Message 2 of 21 (9,547 Views)

I get the same error. I never had the problem until I upgraded to Windows 7 Professional.

There are some solutions on the web that talk about deleting the Z device, or putting an SD card in the printer. None of that works. I was able to put a USB flash drive in and get the error cleared up. However, my system no longer sees the printer, and whenever I try to add the device I get the error you described.

Somehow I can't believe that HP has not responded with a solution to this.!!!!

Student
Message 3 of 21 (9,418 Views)

I encountered the same problem as well and finally solved it last night. My HP All-in-One (2610xi) is connected to my wireless router via ethernet. When I upgraded to Windows 7 it automatically put my desktop with the HP All-in-One into a "Homegroup". You need to need to go into the HomeGroup settings and share the printer. It will ask you accept a windows generated password for the "HomeGroup". Go ahead and accept it. You can change it later to whatever you already use to access other resources such as external harddrives, etc. Once I did that everything started working.

Student
Message 4 of 21 (9,089 Views)

ditto for me. the common thread seems to be windows 7. i've installed the latest software and drivers to no avail. i tried putting a flash drive into the printer, no help. i verified that the printer is shared in the home group. and still it blinks

Honor Student
Message 5 of 21 (8,734 Views)

I'm am in the process of upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 and I am also having the problem.  I haven't bought the software yet, I'm still 100% Vista.

Student
Message 6 of 21 (8,234 Views)

ISmiley Sad have the same problem with my HP 2610 all in one. accept my code error is  0x88gagb72 . Have as usual just bought new cartridges plus a spare set, when it decides to pack it in. I don't use a printer a lot , but it seems that I shouldnt buy extra cartridges for them. This is what has happened in the past with other printers. I do like this one and is hoping that I can get some easy cure from someone who has had the same problem. Hope for help please.

Student
Message 7 of 21 (8,065 Views)

I just tried to make the device wireless, via instructions given in the HP Forum. While installing the device's software on my Windows 7 HP Laptop the HP Photosmart 2610's screen turned blue, just as described in the other post, then started blinking and gave the Error Code:0x887dd03a 1:??. It is almost disturbing how this problem has not been addressed by HP. I have an HP laptop trying to connect wirelessly to an HP device and I can't get it to work. Should anyone find a remedy please post so we can fix it.

Student
Message 8 of 21 (7,796 Views)

I too have the same problem with my HP photosmart 2610 all in one. I had wired  connected this printer to my at&t DSL modem and router. So it was available on my home network wirelessly. But in last one year it started displaying blue screen with error msg 0x887dd03a,  on and off. But in last 4 months this frequency has gone up. Any remedy available? Please help.

Bardo15 wrote:

I have a 2600 All-in-One Printer.  Randomly, all the lights on the control panel will start to blink rapidly, and the display will "blue out" and read only this error message " Error:0x887dd03a".  I can still print, scan, or copy with the printer if I hit the power button and let it reload.  but shortly after the job is done, it will begin to blink again and display the error message.  I'm running a new computer with window 7, but this was happening on my old computer running windows XP.  I thought a fresh load of software and CPU would resolve the problem, but it still exists.  Any Ideas why this might be happening?

Honor Student
Message 9 of 21 (7,608 Views)

Follow the steps below to perform a semi-full reset on your printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Unplug the power cord from the all-in-one.

Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

Press the Cancel and Right Arrow buttons.

While still holding the buttons, plug the power cord back into the all-in-one. Continue to hold the buttons for two seconds, and then release them.
Use the On button to turn the power off and then back on again.
Tutor
Message 10 of 21 (7,377 Views)

the solution,

block the SMB protocol from your machine to the printer.

- assign a staic ip to the printer

- create two outgoing roles in the windows 7 firewall - one for tcp - one for udp

- block tcp 139 and 445 to the printer ip

- block udp 137 and 138 to the printer ip

- forget the card slots

andreashabl

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation