Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi harryp1980,

Yes, it is possible that you have a virus or anti spyware which could be causing part of the issue. Follow the steps below to help isolate the issue.

Windows 7 and Windows Vista allows you to have multiple users sharing the same computer under their own individual accounts. This allows each individual user to have their own location on the computer where they can store their personal documents, pictures, videos, saved games, and other personal data. This also allows the owner of the computer to assign certain accounts the ability to perform administrative tasks like installing software, while limiting other user's abilities.

This tutorial will walk you through creating a new account in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button () in the lower left corner of your screen that has a Windows flag on it.

2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.

3. When the control panel opens you will see a screen similar to Figure 1 below.

Figure 1. Windows 7 Control Panel
    Figure 1. Windows 7 Control Panel

4. Click on the Add or remove user accounts control panel option as shown by the red arrow in figure 1.

5. You will now be in the Manage Accounts control panel as shown in Figure 2 below.

Figure 2. Manage Accounts screen in Windows 7
    Figure 2. Manage Accounts screen in Windows 7

This screen shows all the accounts currently on your computer. To create a new account, click on the Create a new account option as shown by the red arrow above.

6. You will now be at the Create New Account screen.

Figure 3. Create New Account screen
    Figure 3. Create New Account screen

In the New account name field enter the name of the new account that you would like to create. This could be a person's first name, full name, or whatever other designation you would like to give. You then need to decide which of the two types of accounts you would like to create. An Administrator account has full access to the computer and can make all changes, install software, and create and delete accounts. The other type of account is Standard user and has limited privileges as to what settings and changes it can make to the computer. It is suggested that for all users, you set them as a Standard User account and have one administrator account that you can logon to as needed. This will protect your computer from malware and other harmful activities.

When you have finished selecting a name and the type of account you wish to setup, you should click on the Create Accountbutton.

7. Your new account will have been created and you will see it listed in the Manage Accounts screen.

Figure 4. New user has been created
    Figure 4. New user has been created

As you can see our new user, named Test Account, has been created.

Now when you start Windows 7 or Vista, you will see the additional account listed in the logon screen. That user can then select their login name and login into their profile so they can access their private data. 

Install the printer on the newly created user account, and let me know if you experience the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello pcwizard,

thanks again for the instructions. again i set up a new user accoungt as a standard user. i did not mention when my computer starts up, it goes automatically to my adminstrator account. it does not open with the option to choose user accounts. when i switch to user it show my new user account i set up, called Harry Potter. i click on it and it recycles back to showing both the Harry Potter new user account as a standard user and my adminstrator account. i can open the adminstrator account, but not the new user account called Harry Potter with a space in between the name? I think maybe i need to change settings so when computer starts up that it does not open automatically to my admin. account. I have seen others computer open wiht the choice to select the user. Mine it not doing that. I can open / switch via the windows icon in lower left bottom corner and click on arrow to left of shut down and go to switch users but when i see the two users admin. and Hapry Potter, I click on Harry Potter and like I said it recyclables / opens back to showing the two users. It will not open the new user so I can try and install the printer software? I appreciate all your help with my issue. I am sure you wil be able to tell me or instruct me how to change it to not start up automatically to my admin user account witch might help me access new user Harry Potter so I can install the software.

Thanks in advance again for you help / advice. You have been so nice / patience with me. Harry Potter fan. T, : ) 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi harryp1980,

Sounds like you are having some issues with your operating system on the computer. I would try creating a new Admin account to see if you are then able to log into the newly created Admin account. If you are still unable to access the other account you may want to consider having your computer looked at. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello PCWIZARD, sorry it took me so long to get back with you. I set up a new user as an Admin. and the installation whet further past the orignal error i was getting, but after taking so long as usuall when installing the software for this printer F4580 it came of with a red box saying fatal error, so i assumed it failed and figured i would try later to try and install again, which I did. But it did not have the install button. So i went to devices and printer from the control panel and the printer was there? So i tried printing and it worked both with the new user admin, and my original user. But now I am having issues with the HP solution center I am getting a parsing error: Parsing error in file C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml  . PCWizard do you know why this is happening? I hope I do not have to reinstall software, it takes so long and i am afraid if i do it will not work again? I read on HP's site that you can not install just HP Solution Center, its included in the software? Which I think you should be able to? I don't understand, but I am sure there is a reason that you know why they do that. Please Please tell me this will be an easy fix. I did find this web scan, for the printer. I tried scanning something and it showed up on preview and it said when you click on scan button it would go to your computer but didn't say were? Do you know what I am talking about? I do not know how i found it. LOL I took a pic/screen shot, but do not see were I can attach a jpeg to this long comment to you, so you can see what I am talking about. Yee Haw! I found were I can attach an image. I hope you can open view a jpeg. I did private incase there is any personal info on the screen shot that would cause me to be open to viruses or someone accessing my pc/laptop etc?

Before I forget thanks so much for all your help and patience with me.

I tried looking for a fix on hp's site, but i have issues because of health issues understanding sometimes. So that is why its better I ask someone like you who knows what your doing and can tell me exactly what to do. Thanks Harry P. 🙂screen shot of webscan

HP Recommended

Hi harryp1980,

Follow the steps in the document below for fatal errors during installation.

Fatal Errors

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
not working
HP Recommended
i have the same problem and i think the only solution is not to dump HP any more
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.