Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've only had this printer since Wednesday of last week and this is only the second time using it. I keep getting an error screen saying "51.23 Error Turn off then turn on.". I've done that multiple times and occasionally it will actually get to the point where I can print then after one page it will give me the error again or say "Engine Error". What is going on? It's less than a week old and it was bought brand new from the store. It's really important that I get it working as soon as possible. Also as of today it has been getting a paper jam sometimes after it gives me the 51.23 error.

I tried to use the Online Chat support but apparently the CM1312nfi is not supported through it. Which I really don't understand at all. I've called only to have to wait on hold for extended amounts of time. I've even searched online for a solution and can not find one.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I have had the printer for some time now and have not been able to use it for a month now because of this 51.23 error. I had just replaced the yellow cartridge . From everything Ihave seen it seems like I will have to take it to a service tech. There wasone person who said they cleaned the laser scanner at home - am not sure how to so it. Please let me know if you find a solution.

HP Recommended

I have just had a proplem having error 51.23 on clj cm1312 nfi mfp printer.I have fixed the problem. To any one who might have the same problem. Make sure the scanner unit is sitting in it's proper slot. Make sure the three pins (like paper clips) that hold down the scanner unit are holding tight the unit. You must also hook up a little spring that hooks to the scanner unit. Hope that helps someone.

HP Recommended

These errors appear to be a laser failure error. There are a few suggestions out there for you to try on your own like the one on this page from sharuel that worked for him.

It is unlikely you can resolve this yourself, but to unplug the printer for 15  minutes, and then plug it back and see if the error cleared. This can sometimes be caused by power fluctuation, so if the printer is connected to a UPS or  powersurge protector, try to connect it  directly to the wall.

Also here is a link to a page showing what the error message means and suggestions on what to do which are basic steps related to the error message.

If all  this fails, there is no other option but getting HP or a technician to service the printer.

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.