cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can not open hp solution center on new windows 7 computer

HP Recommended
officejet j4550
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello, my old xp computer died and I just replaced it with a window 7 one. The disc I had for the officejet j4550 would not install on widows 7 so I went to Hp's site and downloaded everything new right from the website. The printer now prints and faxes fine with no problems. My problem is when I click on the HP solution center icon on my desktop it will not open.  nothing happens. This is the Icon I allways clicked so that I could scan a document or picture to fax or save. I have checked again for Hp.com for updates and it comes back as everything up to date. I am not very good with computers so if you know any way to fix this PLEASE be as non technical as possible. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,712 12,665 1,272 3,118
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.  Can you try this:

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation