cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LionJohn
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't scan to computer

HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows Vista

I can no longer scan to my computer. I receive a message to make sure "Scan to Computer" is enabled via the printer software. Where do I find this. Printer is working properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,475 13,318 1,374 3,614
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the additional feedback.

You can still try our suggestion.   In order to enable Scan to Compute, you'll need to install the FULL feature software, followed by enabling the "Scan to Computer" as shown.

Hope that helps

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

How to Scan to Computer

In order to scan from Printer to Computer, you would need to install the Full feature Printer software first.

Please download from this link :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/51690...

Once you have installed the software,

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a "Manage Scan to Computer", click on that.
3. Make sure that you "Enable" the Scan to Computer. Also make sure the tab "Automatically start Scan to Computer when i log on to Windows" is check if you want to have this feature permanent. (an example is shown below)

scan to pc1.jpg

scan to pc2.jpg

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
LionJohn
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Before attempting your solution let me be more specific about my problem.

I had to replace the hard drive on my computer. All features on my HP Photosmart 6520 were working prior to the replacement. All my programs were "cloned" to my new hard drive. Following the transfer of data to the new hard drive everything is working OK except I can't scan to my computer. I can print, copy, scan to memory card, and scan to email - just can't scan to computer.  It says "No Computer Found - make sure "Scan To Computer" is enabled.

Does this additional information change your suggested solution?

LionJohn
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Before attempting your solution let me be more specific about my problem.

I had to replace the hard drive on my computer. All features on my HP Photosmart 6520 were working fine. All my programs were "cloned" to my new hard drive. Following the transfer of data to the new hard drive everything works fine except I can't scan to my computer. I can print, copy, scan to memory card, scan to email - just can't scan to computer.

Does this additional information change your suggested solution?

greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the additional feedback.

You can still try our suggestion.   In order to enable Scan to Compute, you'll need to install the FULL feature software, followed by enabling the "Scan to Computer" as shown.

Hope that helps

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation