cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
B_Runner
Level 1
3 2 0 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Can't set Two-Sided print automatically, and get warning to scale to fit US Letter Two-Sided margins

HP Recommended

I'm running Mac OS X (10.6.8), and I can't get my applications to default to Two-Sided printing.  When I click on Two-Sided in my print box I get the warning "The Two-Sided option, Long-edge binding, is not available when the destination paper size is set to US Letter.  To scale to fit to US Letter Two-Sided margins, click Continue.  To keep Two-Sided at its current setting, click Cancel."

If I click Cancel, then the Two-Sided option gets deselected.  If I click Continue, then I can print two-sided, and it seems to look fine.  I get the same behavior trying to print from Pages, Numbers and Firefox, so I assume that it is a global problem.  It's worth noting that I don't have this problem when printing from my PC.

I have an HP Photosmart 7510.  I've downloaded the latest drivers.

I want to make my applications default to two-sided.  I've tried setting that in http://localhost:631/admin/#HPTwoSidedPrinting.  I  set "US Letter Two-Sided margins" in http://localhost:631/admin/#General. I rebooted after making those changes.  The updates persisted.

I want to get Two-Sided print to be my default.  I think that this warning about US Letter Two-Sided margins may be preventing that.  What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

-B

2 REPLIES 2
stix4
Level 9
Level 9
1,520 1,523 53 337
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the post, I've attached a link below that should help you with this issue.  Good Luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01935823

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

0 Kudos
B_Runner
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, but I've tried those things.  When I do "Step two: Change the print settings" #3 (check box next to Two-Sided option) then I get a warning message that says "The Two-Sided option, Long-edge binding, is not available when the destination paper size is set to US Letter.  To scale to fit US Letter Twwo-Sided margins, click Continue.  To keep Two-Sided at its current setting, clickk Cancel."

If I click Cancel, the check-box is unchecked.  If I click Continue, then this one time I can print two-sided, but I'll get this again in whatever program I try to print from the next time.

Do you have any other ideas?  The whole reason that we bought this printer was for its duplex capabilities, so I'm frustrated that our Mac won't default to it, and has this disquieting warning message.  I don't know what I'll lose due to scaling.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation