Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot install Driver-Product Installation Software.

HP Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Every time I download something from the HP site and try to install it Catalyst installer opens and installs itself. I am not able to install the Driver-Product Installation Software that I want. I would like to know what I have to do inorder to install this software.

Keith ACannot install  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,641 191 256
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot install Driver-Product Installation Software.

Hi @keith45,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your installation issue.

I understand that you are trying to install software and drivers for a HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer on your Windows 7 PC because "Catalyst Installer" is opening and installing whenever you are trying to download something from the HP website. I would like to help with that.

The Catalyst Installer that you are referring to would not be being downloaded from the HP website. I cannot support anything that isn't an HP Product. 

You could try downloading and running the HP Printer Install Wizard. This tool will find the most recent version of the printer's software and help with the installation.

If you are still unable to download anything without the Catalyst Installer starting, I would try downloading using a different web browser.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation