cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Cannot print from the internet regardless of search engine

HP Recommended
hp5610
Microsoft Windows Vista

I am unable to print from the internet regardless of internet search engine. I have run the hp print scan doctor which shows no port match, I do not know what this means. What I have tried is; powered down printer, internet modem and rebooted, changed usb ports, cable, and ethernet cable. This problem was solved before by switching engines, this has no effect now. Help

Mikev

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,163
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the HP Community @mikiev,

I read your current and previous posts about how you are unable to print from the internet, and I wanted to respond to you with my suggestions. I understand you have tried using different search engines however, try going back to the reply from my colleague @RnRMusicMan at the link below, and try using a different web browser altogether. If you are using Google Chrome, try Firefox again, or Internet Explorer.

If Chrome and Firefox will not print, try printing from NotePad, which is a preinstalled program on your system, to see if prints will work from there.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome or Firefox, whichever one you use often, to see if that helps the printing issue.

Let me know what happens and we can go from there!

Good luck 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 3 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions, I printed from the note pad without any problems as I thought. I am able to print stored files as before, it is only from the internet I cannot print. Therefore I took your advice and reinstalled the Mosilla and was able to print. I will do the same with Google. Thanks for your experience as this is always the best teacher.

Mikev

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation