Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (325 Views)

Cannot print to shared printer over wireless network

My printer: HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One

My first computer: iMac with 10.6.8

My second computer: iMac with 10.5.8

My router: Actiontec Q1000

Both computers are connected wirelessly to my router. The printer is connected to the first computer via USB, and printing works perfectly. I wanted the second computer to be able to use the printer over my WiFi network. So on the first computer, I have turned on printer sharing in System Preferences, checked the 7210 in the list, and speciified that everyone can print. On the second computer, I can "see" the printer in the print dialog and it has a green dot next to it in System Preferences. But when I try to print to it from the second computer, I get the following error.

fatal: Opening Printer Connection Failed: Unable to open the printer connection. Please check your printer connections and check for printer errors.

Any ideas what's wrong?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation