cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JTginn
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

Solved!

Cannot print via ePrint

HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 6500A Plus  was working  via  ePrint .  Stopped working in middle of a print job.   Only first page printed.  Since then it has not worked.   Local printing works via the wireless network.   When attempting to get printer email address, it fails to connect.   All settings seem to be correct.  Have restored printer settings and reset everything, did not help.  Have tried power cycle on both printer and router to no avail.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad to hear it! Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey JTginn!

Sorry to hear you're having a problem with ePrint! We were doing some maintenance on the servers yesterday so it is possible that you were affected. Try connecting again and see if it works. If not, try checking for product updates on the printer and printing the ePrint info page again. If it still isn't working, try disabling and re-enabling web services.

Let me know if you need additional help!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
JTginn
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, it was working just fine.  But this morning I am again getting the message that the printer is off line.  nothing has changed on my end, can print locally.   More maintenance?  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, none that I'm aware of this time. We may need to just get the printer to refresh its connection with the server. Here are a few things you can try.

1. Power cycle the printer. Do this by unplugging the printer from the power for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

2. Try printing the ePrint info page again. This step varies depending on the printer you are using.

On the eStation:

1. Select the Menu button on the eStation display (to the right of the Home and Back buttons at the top left when the display is docked on the printer);
  2. Scroll down to the ePrint section
  3. Select the blue "Web Services" settings link on the right of the ePrint section
  4. Select the Print ePrint Information option

Officejet printers:

Depending on the printer model, either:

-       Via the Setup > Web Services Setup >Printer Email Address menu, or

-       Via the ePrint icon on the front panel display – select the ePrint icon and select the “Print” button on the ePrint Status screen.

LaserJet printers:

1. Print a configuration page from your product, and locate the IP address.
  2. At your computer, open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line. The HP Embedded Web Server opens.
  3. Click the HP Web Services tab.
  4. Click the Print Information Sheet button.

3. Try disabling and re-enabling web services. This can be accessed through the same means as getting to the info page on most printers as described above. NOTE: This will give you a new email address. If this is not an option there are other things we can try before getting to this step but this one generally works.

Let me know if this helps, otherwise we'll try some further steps!

0 Kudos
JTginn
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again, just started working on it own.  Did nothing on this end.

0 Kudos
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad to hear it! Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

View solution in original post

Watsonia
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Up to now 6500A Plus printer which is connected via ePrint has been working fine but now it will not accept print instructions from system.  Any solutions to suggest?

0 Kudos
Dave_K
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Watsonia!

When you say it won't receive print instructions from your system do you mean that ePrint is not working or printing directly from your computer?

0 Kudos
Watsonia
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply - I will have to leave my explanation until tomorrow as I have only just got in and it is too late now to "go down this path".  Meantime, thanks for responding and I will supply the details tomorrow.   Watsonia

0 Kudos
Elastigirl
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Why does the printer get disconnected from the server every now and then? It works for a few days and then gets disconnected. I would usually power off and on and hope for the best. Sometimes, it works, sometimes it doesn't. And even if it does, it gets disconnected on its own again after some time.

Can you please explain? Is it the server or just the connection settings?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation