cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LilacGorilla
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Cannot scan multiple pages into one pdf document from Deskjet 2540 printer in Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to scan multiple pages (5) into one document.  I have followed instructions given in other responses to questions - I have selected pdf file type, I have selected a resolution below 300 DPI (I am using the default of 200 DPI), and I have clicked Preview (and not Scan).  However, there is no option to "ADD" a page when the preview is shown.

Scan preview screen shot.jpg

I am sure I scanned multiple pages into one document, following the same intructions, before upgrading to Windows 10.  Is it no longer possible with Windows 10?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,150 1,541 3,528
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is that program the HP program that was loaded with the Full Featured Software and Drivers??

You should have something like this with a + sign at the 7 o'clock position.

addpagetoscan.jpg

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
sabretooth04
Level 14
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Click Scan and post the next page. Should have a + sign to add the next page.
LilacGorilla
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, there isn't a + sign anywhere.

If I click Scan, it automatically saves the single scanned page.

sabretooth04
Level 14
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is that program the HP program that was loaded with the Full Featured Software and Drivers??

You should have something like this with a + sign at the 7 o'clock position.

addpagetoscan.jpg

View solution in original post

LilacGorilla
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The screen shots looked familiar from how the Scanning used to wrk on the old computer (before Windows 10).  I didn't completely understand the 2nd reply!  But it led me to try installing the printer using the CD it came with.  I think I must have been using a Windows "Scan" app, rather than anything specific to my printer.

So - have installed the printer software, and now I have the ability to add multiple pages - fixed!

Thanks for your help.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation