Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4632 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has worked wirelessly for years until 2 days ago when I received a new Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack mifi which I use to connect to the internet.  My desktop connects fine and the printer is connected to the same network (I have printed the wireless network test page to confirm this) however the desktop and printer cannot seem to communicate. A troubleshooter gave these issues: The remote device won't accept the connection on Port 9100 and HP printer cannot be contacted over the network.

I have installed and uninstalled. I have reset the printer, router and desktop. I have disabled my firewall. I have been through the HP Print and Scan Doctor repeatedly. I have completed all 7 steps of the troubleshooter. I have exhausted all the solutions offered by HP Support on Twitter. 

If anyone can offer any new solutions I would be forever grateful.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @hhollyleigh

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print wireless from your computer after installing a new router. You have setup the printer and the computer on the same network. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you tried to ping the printer from your computer?

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Note: HP Printers do not work on 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer and the computer to the 2.4Ghz network. 

Print a network configuration report from the printer or get the IP address of the printer by selecting the Wireless icon on the printer front panel. 

Once you have the IP address of the printer, open any browser on your computer and enter the IP address on the addressbar and hit enter. 

This should bring up the EWS page of the printer. Click here. (The article is for a different printer but the procedure is the same.)

If the EWS page does not come up. Please refer to page number 8 in the printer manual to Restore network settings. Click here for the printer manual. 

Once the network defaults are done. Please uninstall the printer software from your computer using the method mentioned below.

Uninstall the printer from programs and features from the control panel. (Please have the printer Off/disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is booted to the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect/Power On the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I pinged the IP address and it did not respond, so following your advice, I reset the network defaults and unplugged the printer. I removed the printer from the device manager. When I attempted to delete the HP drivers, I received the message the the driver is in use (there are 2 listed and both give the same message).  I rebooted the computer and tried again and received the same error messages. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Please have the printer Off while deleting the drivers. 

If possible, create a new user account on your computer with administrative privileges. 

If the issue persists, setup the printer using Windows built-in driver and check. 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.