Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@bonniejean wrote:

My windows 7 will not automatically open the zip file.  In getting the patch, downloading and click open folder, it asks what program I want to open it in.  What should I put to open?

Right click on the DJ_Patch.zip file and select Open With then select Windows Explorer.  I updated the post here with a screen shot.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much.  I am so stupid, I didn't register IE as Internet Explorer.   Now I will try it on my other computer.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended
Selfish perhaps, but now that my issue was solved for the HP 1000C deskjet how do I arrange to stop receiving emails about traffic on this website?
HP Recommended

Thanks for making this compputer printer work.  However, i need the original solution for my other computer.  I need the "download the patch by clicking on this link.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Cannot download the Patch through your site on my Acer computer.  Worked on my HP Laptop with your instructions. I know what to do after I get the DJ_Patch.  Thanks

HP Recommended

What you and others who no longer need updates to this issue need to do is change your subscription to this thread.  The procedure for this is described in the thread here:  How to stop emails alerting you to forum replies.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@bonniejean wrote:

Cannot download the Patch through your site on my Acer computer.  Worked on my HP Laptop with your instructions. I know what to do after I get the DJ_Patch.  Thanks

You may have some security settings in your browser that is preventing it from downloading on your Acer.  If you have downloaded the patch to another computer you could copy it to a USB drive to transfer it to your Acer or perhaps use a network share.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thanks you are a great advisor!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is there still no solution for installing on windows 8, 64 bit?

Regards

HP Recommended

@m_scm wrote:

Hi, 

Is there still no solution for installing on windows 8, 64 bit?

Regards

Sorry, no progress on a patch for Windows 8 x64.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.