cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chad__
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Deskjet F2200 won't scan - Error message: Scanner not found

HP Recommended

Hey - so I just updated to Snow Leopard, and now I can't scan anything. I tried all the simple things, like unplugging and plugging the cord's, but that didn't work. I don't know what else to do! (I'm not that smart when it comes to printers...)

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
PrintDoc
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,884
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You probably still have the HP software for 10.5 on your Mac.  Let's uninstall it in this special way:

Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller
Click on Continue
Highlight your device on the left pane
Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
Click Continue and let it finish

Now, run a Software Update.

Next, remove and re-install the printer in System Preferences, Print & Fax.

You do not need the software now since Snow Leopard has both print & scan drivers built-in. Scan from Preview or Image Capture apps. Scanning from the front panel of the printer does not yet work.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
ber-em
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is verry simple and worked for me...

Click on the Aplication "Prevew"...

791iEA43392C5C721A34792i69FF78B3D58F7F2A

now Click on "File"...

793iC25F73ECD967D680

now hover the Mouse over "Import From Scanner" DO NOT CLICK!...

794iC71FAAE5DF790E55

now Click on "HP Deskjet F2200 series"

(If this does not apear than make sure your Deskjet is On, Unplug the Deskjet USB from the Mac, and Plug it back in (With Deskjet ON). Now retry the steps again. Magic sould happen...)

795iBF3AEFA54C6E42F7

now it just becomes self explanitory...

803i2B9FFA8289DC3DAD

You can also use Image Capture to Scan with your HP Deskjet F2200. But both methods work just as well and take you to that same screen at the end here.

0 Kudos
4consideration
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Confirmed you have the correct software installed. (In your applications folder, open the hp folder and confirm you have hp scan) If you open that application and it doesn't find your device to select, just make sure your USB is connected directly and run your apple updates.

0 Kudos
sultan7
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my scanner wont work at all ?

0 Kudos
Randy_K
Level 5
226 211 6 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sultan7 -

You will have a much better chance of an answer if your start a new thread.   Post a new message and be sure to give details.  See the sticky message at the top about Asking Good Questions ....  

Good luck.  - Randy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please consider clicking the white Kudos star to the left.

If this provided the answer to your problem, and you were the person who started this topic,
please consider marking this message "Accepted as Solution" to help others in the future. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation