Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8715
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a HP Pro 8715 and most all printing functions are good to wonderful.  However, Photo's printed on photo HP or other glossy or mat paper are lousy - even on the highest quality of print.  It's like all the colors are close to on but dull.

Is there something wrong with this printer or is it just that it is not a good photo printer? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

The photos printed on the HP Pro 8715 should be pretty decent.

Are you printing the photos on the correct side of the HP photo paper?

(you should load the photo paper with the HP wordings "facing up")

Thanks,

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
HP Recommended

Yes for sure the paper is in correctly.  Maybe a bad printer.  May exchange it.  Paper set on correct type, and high quality so shoul be good.  Tried different size's of paper etc  as qwll.

Thanks

Ken

HP Recommended

Yes for sure the paper is in correctly.  Maybe a bad printer.  May exchange it.  Paper set on correct type, and high quality so shoul be good.  Tried different size's of paper etc  as qwll.

Thanks

Ken

HP Recommended

HI,

This example shows the printout on a HP Officejet Pro 8730 (using a 8720 driver).

The Print quality is good, similarly,the Officejet Pro 8715 should be able to achieve that kind of print quality.

HP Officejet Pro 8730/8740 : Print Borderless photos

(go to time 5:30 to see the Print ut)

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.