Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Tried it and it had no effect.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. Flipping the page seems to work and the file can now be printed double sided no problem

HP Recommended

Where is the accept solution button??????????????

HP Recommended

@Comfortrwanda wrote:

Where is the accept solution button??????????????

The Accept Solution button is only available to the originator of the thread.  If a post was useful you can click the Kudo's star on the left side.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I actually have a solution ... YAY!  I am using the HP Officejet Pro 8600 on a Windows 7 OS.  I fixed the problem by going to the "print-setup" option in both ms word and ms publisher.  Here is the sequence:

File => Print Set-up => Properties => Advanced => under document options, pages per sheet layout => click on arrow tab => select, "Left then Down" optin

That's it! It works everytime now for a landscape orientation.  Play around with that setting for other page orientation and that should do the trick!!

Happy Printing!  :generic:

HP Recommended

What version of MS Word are you using? I have Microsoft Word 2010. On the file tab, I don't see anything that says Print-Set up & the rest of your flow.

HP Recommended

Hello. I encountered this problem today while using my HP L7780, and trying to print from Windows XP / Adobe 7. I resolved it by using the following print setup sequence --- File Print, Printing Shortcuts, Customized Settings, Print on Both Sides - Automatically. If I did not use the "Automatically" setting... it would print the 2nd page upside down. DG

HP Recommended

It was noted earlier that HP support does not pay attention to this thread because it is "self help".  Since the view counter shows about 30 thousand other people have looked at this thread, it seems to me that HP should take their head out of the sand and spend some time fixing this issue.

Suggestions about changes to the following configuratoin to help fix the problem are welcome and encouraged.  Thank you.

I have the same issue as everyone else.  Here is my current configuration:

HP 4650 laserjet

Printing a PDF prepared by Canon as a camera user guide which was prepared landscape, two pages per page, first page is page one, second page contains pages 2 & 3, third page contains pages 4 & 5, etc.

Printing workflow:

Open PDF and it shows two pages per page landscape format

On file menu selected "print"

Print options are:

Printer: HP4650

Copies: 1

Pages to Print: All  (or could have selected "pages" 1-236)

Comments & Forms: Document

Page Sizing & Handling: Booklet

Booklet subset: Both sides

Seets from: 1 to 59

Binding: Left

Orientation: Portrait

Auto-rotate: not checked

Preview window shows landscape image with two pages visibile in portriat so I expect to be able to center staple the printed pages, center fold and have a booklet with right side up pages and in the proper sequence.

Page Setup ... (at bottom left)

Size: Letter

Source: Automatically Select

Orientation: Portrait

Properties Button for printer displays HP printer control panel:

Printing Shortcuts Tab:

Factory Defaults

(Letter, Auto select, 1 page per sheet, both sides no, paper type unspecified, orientation portrait)

Paper/Quality: Defaults

Effects Tab: 

Resizing Options: Print document on "Letter"

Scale to fit: checked

Watermarks: [none]

Finishing Tab:

Document Options:

Print on both sides: not checked

Pages per sheet: 1 page per sheet

Orientation: Portriat

Color Tab:

Automatic

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  I had just resorted to paying someone to finish my brochure, but WA-LA, YOU FIXED IT!!  You gave the elusive answer to my problem!  I had searched and searched for over a week and you can't believe the different solutions that are out there!  However, yours WORKED!  Thank you!!

HP Recommended

I'm not sure who else has had problems with this.

I have written a booklet with A4 spreads, each containing 4 x A5 pages. The booklet was produced  using Microsoft Publisher (Office 2010) and converted to PDF in Adobe Reader X.

Printing from Publisher:

At first, prints were alternately the right way up and upside down.  As anyone experiencing this will be aware, this creates a mess of the document because of the page organisation.

I solved the problem by ensuring the following settings:

Page layout settings:

• Orientation - portrait
  • Size - 1/2 A4 side fold

Page setup settings:

• Layout type - booklet

Print settings:

• Booklet, side-fold
  • A4
  • Print on both sides, flip sheets on short edge

Properties - paper/output tab:

• Job type - Normal print (Default)
  • Paper - A4 (210 x 297 mm), white, plain (Default)
  • 2-sided printing - 2-sided print, flip on short edge (IMPORTANT)
  • Other settings to be left on default

I experienced the same problem in Adobe Reader after converting the document to PDF because the program does not recognise the print settings used in Publisher.  For right-way-up double sided printing in booklet form, ensure the following settings:

Before printing:

• Go to Print...
  • Click on Properties
  • Select 2-sided print, flip on short edge
  • Leave all other settings as default (unless specific requirement for your job such as colour printing)
  • Any other changes to settings should be ok as default, change to suit your particular job
  • Now ready to print

I found that when emailing others to print they needed instructions or else faced the prospect of printing a useless jumble of upside down and out of order pages.

I hope this guide helps, but I'm not sure how printing options differ with other printers.  I'm networked to a Xerox Global Print Driver PS (for what it's worth) and based in the UK.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.