Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1. HP photosmart c310

2. MAC OS X 10.6

3. When duplex printing, the paper holes is on wrong side. Flip the papers over in the printer is not a solution. Then the holes appears on wrong side again when not duplex printing.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

When you start a print job use the bottom-most pull-down and choose Layout > Two-Sided to choose the binding orientation.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortanly it did not solve my problem. 

When you load the printer with paper, on which side should the holes be? Left or right? (HP photosmart c310)

When not duplex printing, no problem.

When duplex printing, the paper holes end up on the wrong side. The binding orientation did not matter, flip on long edge or short edge.

Thank you for your response!

HP Recommended

Well the paper is put in the tray (1st side) face-down and to top of the page inserted furthest into the printer, if that helps.  The printer flips the paper over and then prints from top to bottom.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi Dean.

I'm having the same trouble.  With 3-hole punch paper (or watermark bond paper) in the printer, the C310 prints 'correctly' if I am printing a 1-page, single-sided document, but starts on the "wrong" side if I am duplex printing.

I should not have to change paper orientation nor print settings to tell the printer which is the "start" side.  This should not matter, regardless of whether I am printing on both sides or just one side.

Do you have an update to the firmware, perhaps, that can fix this?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I don't think HP would change firmware for that, but you can try.  From the front of the printer: Setup > Preferences > Update product.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

I never found any good solution for this HP problem, but here is what I do.

1. I load the printer with the paper holes to the right.

2. When I likte to print a two sided document I have to select two checkboxes in the printing dialog.

- Select "two-sided printing" on the main printing dialog.

- On the main printing dialog, there is a list in which I select "layout". On the layout page, select "change orientation"

3. Click print!

Good luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.