cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Embedded Web Server (EWS) / Device Password reset

Deskjet 4645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

We are having HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4645 e-All-in-One Printer.

I am unable to configure the device as it request login infirmation. 

Plese provide a method to reset the device password and Embedded Web Server (EWS) password.

I already tried semi full reset. it still asks for the password and unable to access the configuration page. 

hppw.png 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,624
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @thilina_tss,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you need to reset the printer's password. I would be happy to help you. 

The Semi-Reset should reset the printer and the printer's Embedded Web Server's password. If you are able to, try and update the printer's firmware by a USB connection and try the reset again.

If the issue persists, please contact HP Support and inquire about servicing the printer: HP Customer Support - Contact.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What will be the default username and password?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,624
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @thilina_tss,

There isn't a default, after the reset, it should allow you to create a new one. If you are still not able to access the EWS, then the printer will need to be serviced since it isn't clearing out all the passwords.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation