Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
15 9 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Embedded web server will not allow me to access settings tab HP Officejet 6600 CZ155A

HP Recommended

Regarding HP Officejet 6600 CZ155A:

I have been having difficulty accessing the embedded on my iMac computer on OS X 10.8.2.  It wasn't working so I did a uninstall and then reinstall of the HP software.  It is the latest version.  I also performed Apple software updates as requested.  The e-print emial account works when I send a message with a document and prints.  But when I attempt to go into additional features in the web server I am unable to get beyond the window with the IP address and "admin" displayed as well.  I have information in my records with the Wireless Direct name - but it does not work either.

Any suggestions or feedback?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,881
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First, Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Restart your Mac.

Next, go to System Preferences > Print & Scan and delete the printer with the '-'sign.  Re-add it with the '+' sign, but this time choose "Add Printer or Scanner" after clicking the "+" sign.

On the resulting screen, choose your printer with Bonjour as the Kind,  Select it and in the Use pull-down, choose the printer driver, NOT AirPrint.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
15 9 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I completed all the tasks but still cannot get into the embedded server settings tab - keep getting a window saying to view this page you must log in to area "admin" and there is no name or password populated.

Clues?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,881
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'd suggest a reset of the printer.  Sorry, but I do not have a 6600 to play with.  Go into setup on the front of the printer and look for a Factory Reset.

Of course, after this you will have to re-connect the printer to your wireless network and re-do other custom settings you had.  You may want to try the EWS before you change too many things, though.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
15 9 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I contacted HP Support and it took a few calls but we fixed it.  The problem was with the IP addresses.  We cleared the printer out.  Assigned a correct IP and it worked perfectly.  Thanks again for your advice.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation