cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CSalm
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Entering static IP for wired connection

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7610
Other

I have an HPOfficeJet 7610.  I do NOT have a wireless connection, the printer is connected to a dataport using an ethernet cable.  I was assigned an IP address by our IT staff to use with the printer.  I have tried to enter it into the printer multiple times (under manual network configuration) and it will not save.  The computer won't find the printer without the IP address.  I cannot use wireless, I cannot use any IP address other than the assigned IP address for security reasons.  The printer is intended to be networked so that multiple people in my office can use it.  Please assist.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,519
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Reset the printer back to Network Defaults and try again.
0 Kudos
CSalm
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had to reset it twice, shut it down and it still didn't work. Finally I clicked on something and it worked - but I don't even remember what at this point...  but it worked!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation