cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LindaAlice
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Error message Driver WIA needed for scanning

HP Recommended
HP PSC 2355 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have today started getting an error message when trying to scan documents on the HP PSC 2355 all-in-one printer/scanner.

The error message states I require a WIA driver.

I have tried various solutions such as right clicking on the printer in the devices list and clicking Update Drivers; no success.

My latest attempt to fix this has been to uninstall the printer, specifying to delete the associated drivers. Upon restarting the computer the printer reappears but I am still getting the error message.

Suggestions welcome

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,646
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @LindaAlice,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are getting a WIA error when trying to scan. I would be happy to help you. 

WIA is part of the operating system, follow the steps listed below:

Back up the registry first,  Backup and Restore Registry in Windows 10 / 8 / 7.

Just select your operating system from this link and run the download,  Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation