Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (7,600 Views)

Error message: "Remove and check cartridge"--what should I do? (officejet 6110xi all-in-one)

I got a printer (as above) in a yard sale.  When I first turned it on, it had an error message: "Remove and check cartridge".  I pulled out and looked at the cartridge, nothing seemed wrong (except perhaps the mildly inexplicable twist tie). Then I tried cleaning the contacts, did a hard restart, and looked for damage to the flex (there was none I could see), as suggested here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Need-help/m-p/71/highlight/true#M8

Still no love.

What does it want me to do?

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 4 (7,565 Views)

Re: Error message: "Remove and check cartridge"--what should I do? (officejet 6110xi all-i

[ Edited ]
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (7,546 Views)

Re: Error message: "Remove and check cartridge"--what should I do? (officejet 6110xi all-i

Thanks, I wasn't able to find that.  I already tried cleaning the contacts, I guess I need to go buy a new black cartridge.  At least I know which one is the problem...

Intern
Message 4 of 4 (7,534 Views)

Hi,

If same error message appear after replace cartridges then it confirm that printer hardware is not working fine. In this case contact HP support ASAP so that they will replace printer if it is in warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation