Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 22
Flag Post

Fatal Error 2753 -- MSI.dot4wrp

HP Recommended

I am UNABLE to get past a Fatal Error 2753 from my Office Jet J6480 All-in-one.

I have tried EVERYTHING including uninstall,  deleting all HP keys from registry ,  reregistering the dlls (with HP support) ,  a L4 cleanup utility,

trying the original CD install instead of the downloaded NEW drivers from HP,  and 

followed all steps at:   http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01779211

and HP support is unable to help.

I cannot use my printer.

I am using 32-bit Vista and because I was getting errors with the HP update utility  (the same critical update for reliability)  I tried the re-install.   Big mistake.

I am appealing to the forum for help before I take my printer in the backyard and beat it with a baseball bat.

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 2 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As an engineer, best solution will be the harshest.

If you have another hard disk for the computer, install that and rebuild the opertating system from scratch, do your windows updates and then put the CD in and install the printer. If that works then you know your operating system is knackered....

If you dont have the access to another hard disk or knowledge to do it, back up what you've got and complete a factory restore for the computer. Its the only way forward after indepth fixing which you've tried.

Sorry, they are all time consuming...

Simon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
527 520 45 233
Message 3 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try this,

1. Insert the disk.

2. Remove the USB Cable.

3. Uninstall all software associated with the device.

4. Performed uninstall L2 and L3. Restart computer when told to do so.

5. Download CCleaner and install it.

6. Run CCleaner and click on REGISTRY on the left side. Click on SCAN ISSUES and then FIX Selected Issues. It will ask you to create a backup which you will do so.

7. Restart computer

8. Click on START and then RUN.

9. Type msiexec /unregister and click OK.

10. Click on START and then RUN.

11. Type msiexec /regserver and click OK.

12. Download software here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3575276&lang=en

13. Install the software but do not connect the usb cable yet. Just put a check on the box that says "if you are unable to connect, click here"

14. Follow the rest of the instructions.

15. Install the software for your printer.

16. Chose CUSTOM/ADVANCE install.

17. Install only the driver.

18. Chose the connection type.

19. Follow the rest of the instructions.

Let me know if you have questions.

Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
Highlighted
Level 3
34 34 2 13
Message 4 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dude.....................

Do this step by step...

Do L3 first... then proceed..

1. Download 8500 driver... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3752462&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en〈=en&cc=us&sub...

2. Download basic driver for your printer.... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3635378&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en〈=en&cc=us&sub...

3. install the driver for 8500... (do custom or advance install just install solution center, imaging device, driver for the 8500)

4. Select usb connection then just check connect the device later...

5. Finish the installation...

6.. install the software for the printer 6480 using the basic driver

7. select wired/wireless connection

8. finish the installation and it should work fine..

Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Same thing is happening to me. However, we are using this printer on 2 different laptops. On mine, everytime I tried to open the Solutions Center, it kept telling me I needed to install something, I would hit cancel, it would give me another message, but it did eventually open the Solutions Center. I was getting annoyed by this, so that is why I totally uninstalled and tried to reinstall the software that came with the printer. I am getting the error code that is in the subject line. I tried doing the chat with HP person, but I feel they are just reading from a script and don't really understand how to fix the problem. Now, here's the interesting thing. I just went to my husband's laptop and I can print from there. So, it is obviously something in my laptop only.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didnt' try david ops solution (above),  I'm sure it's probably a quicker way than what I did to eventually get it to work:

but I had to boot to another operating system and delete all HP protected and hidden files, then clean the registry with CC cleaner, then use the windows registry remover tool,  and then reinstall.   

Eventually I did get it to work, but what frustrates me is that it was after an "HP Update" that things stop working.    I really wonder WHY HP has to be so bloated and doesn't give many features.  

The kicker is once I got everything working,  I had to upgrade to Windows 7 and the 100 Meg HP driver file doesn't support the  J6480 print-to-fax and wireless scan functions in windows 7.

At least I can print tho.

Message Edited by RC9002 on 11-10-2009 01:54 PM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This also works for Officejet 6450 as I was having the same problem!

Thanks for saving me on a lot of frustating hours!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 2 0 2
Message 8 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks davidovp! Yours is the ONLY solution that I have tried that works! I have tried them all and none worked. Thanks man, you are a life saver!! Why doesn't HP know about this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Davidovp,

BRILLIANT  !!.  You saved my printer from being recycled into something more useful....like plastic cups.    At least until I can sort out a solution that doesn't have a HP component anywhere in the mix.

Like many others I have read about who are trying to get what should be a simple task completed, I have lost many, many hours rebooting, uninstalling, reinstalling following HP instructions, to no avail. Iin fact they appear to have made the problem worse.  Initially, I just had problems scanning, by the time I had finished with HP instructions my all-in-one J6410 printer wouldn't do anything but copy.

At least now I can use it to prints again, and I can also scan (although only bu using Webssan ) but I still cannot capture anything via TWAIN.  And when I try, it always fails and then leaves a shedload of services running which means that in order to try for another solution, I need to close them again using task manager. 

When I purchase a product I do not expect not to have to go through this level of pain.  I have never had problems with any other manufacturer.  With HP I have had a Laptop crash twice, the previous HP printer just stopped working one day for no apparent reason. And now the replacement for that one is running like the printer version of a rustbucket with three wheels.  

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation