Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4524 printer
iOS

I have changed my network provider so reset my printer. Was printing ok now won't. Cannot remember my password to get into printer to log in. How do I reset it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @Toddy1- Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I understand that you are unable print after changing the service provider. I see that the printer is asking for a password while printing using the iOS device. Try entering 12345678 and check.

If the issue persists then try to connect the printer to the new network. You can do this easily by following the steps listed below:

1. Turn on the printer if it is not already on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

The Wireless screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings icon .

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Now, try using the HP AiO remote app on your iOS device and then try printing.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi thank you the reply. I am able to print using the AiO remote app, but have to take a screen shot first, so cannot print from internet for example. If I try I just get contacting printer, but no printing. Any suggestions? If I screen shot it I can print from app!

HP Recommended

Hello, @Toddy1

Try printing using the Apple AirPrint feature.

Now, Apple AirPrint is a feature which will enable printing from most of the apps including Safari, Mail, Photos, and iWorks. Additionally, other popular apps available in the App Store are supported. In the app, tap the Action icon  or , and then tap Print to print with AirPrint. Follow the steps below to use the AirPrint from your mobile devices:

1. In the app that you want to print from, tap the Action icon ( or ) to display the menu options.
  2. Tap Print. The Printer Options menu displays.
  3. On the Printer Options menu, tap Select Printer. A list of available printers on the network displays.
  4. Tap your HP ePrint printer in the drop-down menu. The Printer Options menu displays again and shows your selected printer.
  5. If you do not need to change print options, tap Print to send the print job to the HP printer.

You can check http://hp.care/2dfqOrL for detailed instructions.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.