Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I print a double-sided document, the printer does everything it should but when it is printing the front side of the document, it doesn't release the paper. The screen of the printer will say now printing but the paper doesn't come out. Half of it will be out but it just stays there. I have to click cancel and then it comes out. But the top part of the document will be blank, e.g the title won't print. The flip side is fine. I have not tried with single sided documents so I am not sure if this only an issue with double sided documents. 

How do I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Dauwtrappen, good morning my friend !

Welcome to HP Forum !

🙂

Please...firstly, I'll recommend firmware update:

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 e-All-in-One Printer series Firmware Update

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3540/DJ3540_R1547A.exe

After update, restart the printer.

Now, use the scan doctor for analisy and diagnostic:

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

And disable the support bidirectional on driver:

original.png

I hope that helps !
🙂

Can I ask you a favor ?

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !
:OpenSmile:

I´m a volunteer in the HP Forum !

HP Recommended

@Ronaldo_Ferreir wrote:

@hi @Dauwtrappen, good morning my friend !

Welcome to HP Forum !

🙂

Please...firstly, I'll recommend firmware update:

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 e-All-in-One Printer series Firmware Update

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3540/DJ3540_R1547A.exe

After update, restart the printer.

Now, use the scan doctor for analisy and diagnostic:

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

And disable the support bidirectional on driver:

original.png

I hope that helps !
🙂

Can I ask you a favor ?

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !

The disabling part is not showing up. Also my printer is already up to date so what do i do?

HP Recommended

Ok

Use only the scan doctor and realize new test.

HP Recommended

Ive done the scan doctor and I am about to print a double sided document so I will update on that

HP Recommended

I printed but the issue is not fixed. Im waiting currently but the document is half in half out and it says now printing

HP Recommended

@Dauwtrappen,

Many thanks for your information.

Please, perform a Hard Reset:

1. Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.

3. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

4. After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

I hope that helps !
🙂

Can I ask you a favor ?

Have a nice week !

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.