cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jaysen
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 1 of 46
Flag Post

Solved!

Google Cloud Print setup - Unable to parse printer capabilities

HP Recommended

I'm trying to add my CP1525nw to Google Cloud Print as a Cloud printer, and not as a LOCAL printer, however each time I add my eprint email I get the following message; "Unable to parse printer capabilities"  - I've attempted both private and public use for eprint settings with no such luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've tried reseting the email with no luck...

EDIT - 04/01/11:

I chatted with HP support and although the representative was extremely curteous, they could not help me.  The support agent assured me the issue would be taken to the next level and looked at so hopefully we can have a resolution here shortly.

EDIT - 04/04/11:

Received a response from the original HP rep I chatted with online.  In summary, he/she was not able to find a solution and states the issue will be sent up to HP's highest level of technical support....  We shall see.

EDIT - 05/25/11:

After 2 months of waiting, HP has fixed the issue.  Remember to update to the latest firmware and check all settings before proceeding.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaysen
Author
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 41 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The fix came from the Server side - This defiinitely had nothing to do with the firmware.  I updated on Monday to the newest on HP's website and it still was not working.   The tech support gentlemen that helped me out sent me out an email a few hours after we spoke saying that on Wed a fix was coming.

Nonetheless, I'm happy regardless how the fix came ! 😉 

It only took 2 months to fix, but I'm glad it is.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
45 REPLIES 45
skchan2
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue too. Any help on this?

jaysen
Author
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 3 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

glad to know im not the only one with this issue...which printer are you trying to setup?

Pixelator99
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem CP1525NW also.

At first I had the eprint email security set to only accept my gmail email to send to it. When I then tried to add the printer to Google Cloud Print, I got the message "Could not get printer information from HP"

then I changed it to let everyone print to it. Then I got the "Could not parse printer capabilities" error.

tried it in firefox and chrome.

logged out of hp eprint and google and logged back into both. no difference.

jaysen
Author
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 5 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just read an article on engadget today regarding HP's "support" for google cloyd print/eprint integratuon.... I would like to see a response from HP on this issue or my printer is going back.

hsenden
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 6 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue :

On 

http://www.google.com/landing/cloudprint/hp-enable.html?#

i get the message "Could not get printer information from HP" after entering my hp eprint mailaddress.

btw i'm having a HP Photosmart Wireless eAiO printer B110a (CN245B).

Hans

UPDATE 25.05.2011 : problem is solved. Probably the firmware solved the issue.

PrintApper
Level 6
Level 6
566 506 17 166
Message 7 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know this may not be a ton of help, but cloudprint from my phone is working for me from Gmail...added a D110a to my Google account, and then printed to the D110a from gmail for mobile on my phone. 

There is some troubleshooting information here from Google...

http://www.google.com/support/cloudprint/

I am an HP employee.
jaysen
Author
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 8 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your attemp to help, but Ive read, re-read, and read again that page you linked to with no such luck.

Looks like I'm gonna try contacting HP support, but I honestly don't belive I'll receive any help with this - last resort, return.

Pixelator99
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well, when I use google chrome to set up cloud print, it does add my HP1525nw to my google cloud print, but ONLY THE LOCAL printer. In other words, google cloud print can add both local printers and cloud enabled printers. It does add the local printers, and since while on my home network, the HP laser is a local printer, it grabs that. But it still won't allow me to add it as a cloud printer.

The problem with being connected as a local printer is that my notebook has to be on and it has to be on my local network in order for me to print to the printer through the cloud (like using my ipod).

The point of the HP printer being added as a direct cloud printer is so it can be printed to as a stand alone printer, even if my local computer is not on, because it is connected to my router wirelessly and not dependent on any local computer.

and that is where it is failing. Trying to add the printer as a CLOUD printer does not work (the same problem everyone else here is having)

jaysen
Author
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 10 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm currently in a live chat with HP support now, I'll update with results.  I encourage everyone having this issue, contact HP, and reference this page.  

If this is an issue with this specific printer only, then hopefully HP can jump on the bus, and get things rolling with a solution.  I love this printer but hate to return it for the one feature I purchased it for that I am not able to use.

SEE FIRST POST WIHT LIVE CHAT OUTCOME.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation