cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
m5hit
2 2 0 0
Message 21 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Another bump here.

An update from HP would be appreciated. I am still considering returnong my new printer.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Notgonnabuyhp
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

just returned mine

dexter32
2 2 0 0
Message 23 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just recently bought a CP1525nw Color Printer and I'm getting the same error.  If I restrict printing to a list of people in e-print centerI get an error that they couldn't find the printer.  If I allow "everyone" to print to my printer I get "Unable to parse printer capabilities."  I do see that in the e-print center that google cloud print is a "Beta" option so apparently they're still working out the bugs but it would be great if they figured that one out.

gnteboy
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same issue here. cloud print support was certainly a big selling feature for this printer. unfortunately though "beta" sounds like not yet implemented!

jaysen
Author
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 25 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is everyone that is encountering the problem contacting HP with their issue ?  If not, again I highly encourage you to do so that way it does not look like just an isolated incident and more of an epidemic. 

I've got one week left before returning mine, and will be doing so, with no response from HP that a fix is in the works.

etaykaplinsky
1 1 0 1
Message 26 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Simmilar problem here:

Trying to register my HP 8540a a910a on cloud print and I'm getting this msg:
"Could not get printer information from HP".

If I mail to the @hpeprint.com address though, it works.
It's a shame HP support is not addressing the issue, keeping us all waiting.
:Crying:
Etay
Update:
I just found a solution thanks to bbk228:
Re: New Google Cloud Print does not work "Could not get printer informatio​n from HP."

Rather than persue this with HP, I tried sending the issue to Google Support.  I got a response within 12 hours and it solved the problem for me.

Apparently there is a known bug they are working on with this if you have your printer set up with e-mail filters.  When you initially set it up on the HP site it asks for a list of e-maill addresses that can use your e-Printer.  If you check the box to not have a list, then register the printer on the Google Cloud Print setup page and then turn your e-mail list back on on the HP site, it connects and registers fine.  My e-printer is now working fine over the Google Cloud Print service.

It works.

E

JO2
1 1 0 1
Message 27 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was having the same problem, and I went back and changed the eprint settings to "Everyone", added the printer here (using chrome) http://www.google.com/landing/cloudprint/hp-enable.html#, successfuly added, then went back and restricted the settings to "allowed settings only" ... Hope this helps!

jaysen
Author
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 28 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to be helpful but you're missing the main point of this thread.  The issue is with the CP1525nw - The settings you've mentioned have been tried by myself and several others with no luck.

Pixelator99
5 4 0 0
Message 29 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

as we said, we have already tried that. It doesn't work with this specific printer.

jroith
4 4 0 0
Message 30 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some problem here using a CP1525n.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation