cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jaysen
Author
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 41 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The fix came from the Server side - This defiinitely had nothing to do with the firmware.  I updated on Monday to the newest on HP's website and it still was not working.   The tech support gentlemen that helped me out sent me out an email a few hours after we spoke saying that on Wed a fix was coming.

Nonetheless, I'm happy regardless how the fix came ! 😉 

It only took 2 months to fix, but I'm glad it is.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
surfbabysurf
1 1 0 0
Message 42 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried every suggested solution on this thread, but I am still getting the "could not get printer information from HP" message

I am about the throw this printer out the window!!! Photosmart 5520

benjy_2012
1 1 0 0
Message 43 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photosmart 5520.

Same problem as reported above - even after performing all steps suggested with permissions.

tagekarl
2 1 0 0
Message 44 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have just bought another HP Photosmart 5520 for use in Portugal. I have another in Sweden with the same Samsung Chrome computer. The one in Sweden works fine but I am not able to get  the one in Portugal to function, despite having paid 19,5 euros to the vendor for such set up service.

It is not possible to get the blinking light to the left of the WPS button to stay witha a steady light.

My suggested names for registration are not being apporved by HP, so missing registration may be a possible error. 

I suspect that the vendor made it ready for MAC, which I do not have. As you know Samsung Chrome works with Chrome SO.

Yesterday I tried to use a HP 3050 with similar bad result. I returned the 3050 to the vendor and bought the Photosmart instead, because I already have one such in Sweden.

According to the Google Cloud Print instrucktions it is only to register a ePrint HP prinet and it ought to function.

So my first requirement is that you reply to me about how to get a name for the registration with hpprint.

I expect HP to help quickly.

Regards

Tage Karlsson

happytohelp01
Retired
Retired
4,530 4,673 318 867
Message 45 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tage:

As you have 2 Photosmart printers, each will need to have their own ePrint email address. I have included a couple of documents to assist you setting up your ePrint and using Google Cloud Print.

Setting Up a Custom Email Address for ePrint

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02940150

Using Google Cloud Print with your HP Printer

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02817255

Happytohelp01

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
Sundoode
Level 1
5 5 1 2
Message 46 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Removed by Participant, wrong group.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation