Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, the printer printed out all of printer information without powering down. Here is print.HP500.jpg

HP Recommended

The one question I still have is how is the printer connected to the computer or network. Are you using a usb cable, parallel, cable or eithernet cable to a jet direct network card? Also you may want to try the printhead alignment procedure which will cause the printer to use all 4 colors.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick replies.

Its connected to a PC with a USB cable.

HP Recommended

If you perform the calibration and the unit does not turn off, then I would lean towards an issue with the Emod. Also try printing something simple like a windows test page from the computer to see if it still turns off. There is an outside chance that what you are trying to print could be causing an issue. Also go to the troubleshooting icon in the driver and make sure send job as a bitmap (process in computer) is checked.

HP Recommended

I enabled Send job as bitmap (Process in computer)

I performed the  calibration and the printer did not turn off. I then printed a small 6" x 4" image and it printed Ok.

However when I tried to print the full size (34" x 24" image it printed approx 10" into it and then powered down again. This time it was not a screen full of vertical ines, there was just one horizontal line before it powered down. However it printed much further than it has previously.

HP Recommended

Any further advice you can give me would be much appreciated!

HP Recommended

Have you tried printing one of the internal "Demo" prints?  

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

This plotter does not have any demo plots. You are still dealing with a emod or power supply issue. To be honest it could be either part. If you have an old eio jet direct card you could try installing it and attach the plotter to your network and then see if sending the job over the network makes a difference. The other thing you can do is leave the unit on without sending anything to it and leave it on for at least 24 hours and see if it goes off on its own during this time. If it does that would indicate the power supply. If it does not go off there is more of a chance it is the emod but not 100%.

HP Recommended

OK one of my other HP printers has a network card installed I will try that. I will have to order a 20m ethernet cable to hook it to router downstairs so will report back in a few days of the outcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.