Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

For my situation, patience has paid off. I cleaned the printhead and its connections within the printer. Then I eventually replaced the printhead. For a few days, I got error messages, but now it is printing all colors and black just fine.

HP Recommended
Awesome! Didn't work the first time with just water. The second time I kept spraying windex into the inlet screen and rinsing and soaking with water until the rinse water was clear. Works like brand new again!! Thanks for saving me from buying a new printer!!
HP Recommended
It worked! Thank you for taking the time to post this!
HP Recommended

Same issue.  Cleaned twice with hot water but still no luck.   Very unhappy with HP printers over the years.

HP Recommended

BLACK CARTRIDGE NOT WORK PROPERLY AND ALL COLOR CARTRIDGE WORK PROPERLY

HP Recommended

OK.  It took several tries at cleaning the print head but it's working now.  The other day after soaking the print head in hot water several times for five minutes without much success I (gently) streamed hot water through it for 10-15 minutes and re-installed.   The black ink worked but was still not quite right.  Now, several days later the black looks as good as new.

HP Recommended

Thanks Bob, your solution of soaking in hot water worked a treat for me and saved me hurling the printer out the window and buying a new one (have you seen how much those replacement print heads are!).

I love these low-tech solutions to high tech probems.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!  Your idea to soak the printhead worked!!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much

HP Recommended

Hi Bob...

I've got HP officejet pro L7500 series and I'm using win 7.

I've tried your water trick and just about everything else. Still cannot print in black. Any suggestions except of getting new printer?

best regards

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.